18mo, pp. 79, [5, ads]. Woodcut frontispiece and 6 full-page woodcuts within the pagination. Contemporary sheep, spine ruled in gilt. A little light soiling. Boards marked and a bit scratched, head of spine worn. Ownership inscriptions of William Lemmon of Destford and William Stewart of Dytach to front flyleaf.
Apart from the frontispiece, which shows two boys spinning tops, the plates are full-length portraits of characters, including 'Tomkins, the blue coat boy' and 'Edward and his kite'. COPAC locates two copies, at the V&A and NLW, with Worldcat finding no others. The publishers are known to have worked together between 1810 and 1815, making this almost certainly an earlier edition than the other recorded examples, both only at Cambridge, one with the imprint of 'Whittingham and Arliss', dated 1815, and the other with Arliss alone and the date 1817.