FIRST EDITION, cyclostyled pages, 20.5 x 25.5cm, ff. , 30. Printed blue paper covers, the upper left corner bound with original fastener. Some creasing to covers.
The original printing of this memoir of Sir Emery Walker (1851-1933), the influential typographer who had been instrumental in the development of the Kelmscott and Ashendene presses and a co-founder of the Doves Press. It was composed by the secretary of the William Morris Society, R.C.H. Briggs, to accompany the unveiling of the blue plaque for Walker's house in Hammersmith, and was meant to be printed and distributed to the attendees - but lack of time forced it to be cyclostyled instead of printed, and then also caused the latter half of the text to remain in summary form, as described in the introduction. The memoir would remain unpublished until 2011, when the University of Tampa Press produced an illustrated edition to benefit the Emery Walker Trust.