8vo, pp. [iv], 412, [16, ads] + frontispiece. Original black cloth, spine and front board lettered in gilt, wide gilt rule at top and bottom (blind on rear board), blue chalked endpapers. A touch of spotting to title-page. Spine ends bumped, rear board a little discoloured at fore-edge. Ownership inscription of M. E. Tilley, Jan 28th 1891, to recto of frontispiece.